The best deals on Galaxy Z Flip in Canada
Looking for the best deals on Galaxy Z Flip? You’ve come to the right place. Finding a good deal on a device you want is not easy. There’s multiple things to consider - upfront payment vs monthly installments, BYOD vs device financing, to 5G or not to 5G and which carrier and data amount to choose. And all this also depends upon which province you live in.
To make this choice easy for you, we have taken a detailed look, not just at the specs, reviews and pro and cons of the Galaxy Z Flip but also at all the deals currently on offer for Galaxy Z Flip in Canada to help you make the most informed decision.
The best plans for Galaxy Z Flip for each province
About: Galaxy Z Flip
|Screen Resolution:||2636 x 1080 at 425 ppi|
|Camera:||12 MP wide angle rear camera, 12 MP ultra wide angle rear camera and 10 MP front camera|
|RAM memory:||8 GB|
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is one of the two flip phone smartphones currently available in the market, but the only one with a folding glass screen.
February 22, 2020
First up - the Specs
Coming after the Samsung Galaxy Fold but before the Galaxy Z Fold 2, the Galaxy Z Flip is Samsung’s attempt to test out a new form factor and design solutions to problems that plagued the original Galaxy Fold. The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is a foldable flip phone that folds down into a compact square and opens up into a normal sized phone. The first folding phone to feature a glass screen, the device opens up into a large 6.7” AMOLED display. The phone also features a more than adequate 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of non-expandable storage. It has 2 12 MP rear cameras - a wide and an ultra wide and a 10 MP front facing camera.
- Compact phone: A folding phone that folds into half the size of a regular phone makes for a very compact device to carry round.
- Solid build quality and good, glass screen: The phone is said to have the best hinge on a folding phone so far. The good quality hinge looks like it might hold up to repeated usage and not let in debris that could hurt the screen or the phone. Also, because the screen is glass it's expected to last longer than the plastic screens of the previous generation Galaxy Fold.
- Decent Cameras: The two 12 MP cameras and the 10MP front camera on the Galaxy Z Flip are very good and can take most photos well, but don’t deliver industry leading performance.
- Glass screen is very fragile: Even though the screen is glass, the way Samsung has managed to get the glass to fold is by using extremely thin glass - about the thickness of human hair! This obviously makes the glass very fragile and necessitates having a factory installed plastic screen projector on the screen. And that screen protector - which is not user replaceable - is prone to scratches and dings.
- Feels like a first-gen device: There are only two folding phones on the market with this sort of a clamshell fold - The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and the Moto Razr. Both are first generation phones that are innovative but likely have multiple quality and stability improvements that will come in the next iteration of these devices, much like how the Galaxy Z Fold 2 has improved a lot upon its first-gen predecessor, The Galaxy Fold.
- Slippery to hold and handle: Clamshell devices should be easier to hold, but the premium glass backing and smooth outer shell has many reporting that the Galaxy Z Flip feels more slippery to hold and handle than expected.
- Expensive: The Z Flip retails for a cool $1819. 99 on Samsung’s own website. That’s a whole lot of money to pay for a first generation phone, even one that is as innovative as the Z Flip!