Find your new Internet plan easily
Compare prices and find the cheapest Internet plans that meet your needs with our comparison tool.
Find Internet plans from dozens of suppliers across CanadaRead all the latest updates from your favorite provider
Pay the right price
Save money each monthPlanHub can help you save up to $15 a month on your Internet plan
Don't miss out on any promotionsMake more savings with all current promotions.
Choose with confidenceBrowse hundreds of customer reviews for each provider.
Find your new Internet plan today!
What people are saying about PlanHub
John Wayne Trinh
Amazing, fast reliable service. I negociated my retention plan but they had something even better! More data for less!
PlanHub shows us companies and prices we probably wouldn't find on our own, because in reality we don't take the time to do this since it's too long.
Super comparison tool, quick and easy to compare great plans!
Planhub is effective and carries out the research for me.
Interesting to know where we're going with the plans and rates. Thank you
Learn more about Internet plans in Canada
With PlanHub, users looking for the best deals can get an email alert when an Internet plan that matches their needs becomes available at a lower price. The best offers are usually hidden within provider websites and often the result of combined promotions. This makes it hard for the average person to keep track and find deals. Leveraging its knowledge of past price trends, PlanHub has developed a state-of-the-art algorithm that tracks prices and identifies the best deals on Internet and cellular service plans in the Canadian market.
Read our blog article to learn more about the PlanHub Internet Alert.
- Verify that your modem and router are connected properly
- Switch off your TV set-top box if you have one
- Stop all downloads in progress on devices connected to Internet (computers, tablets, smartphones, game consoles and smart TVs)
- Verify that there are no active VoIP telephone connections at the moment
- Close all active background applications your devices
Here are a few factors that are in your control that can influence your Internet speed:
1. Your modem and routerNot all modems and routers are equal. It’s always good to check their technical specifications to make sure they’re not slowing down your network. For example, it’s possible that your modem can’t receive the speeds that you are paying for.
2. Connection typeThe type of connection you’re using directly affects your Internet speed. In most cases, a wired ethernet connection is faster than a wireless connection. But did you know that there are currently two main types of wireless frequencies? Since most users connect wirelessly to their network, understanding the difference between the 2.4 GHz frequency and the 5 GHz frequency is important.
The 2.4GHz frequency is slower than the 5 GHz, but has a longer range. On the other hand, the 5 GHz frequency is faster but has a shorter range and cannot pass through walls and other solid objects. Choosing the right frequency depending on your home and distance to the router can have a big impact on your Internet speed.
3. Number of devicesThe more devices connected to a network, the slower the Internet speed will be for each user. This includes computers, tablets, phones, game consoles, smart TVs and even some smart speakers.
4. Your deviceInternet speeds can vary from one device to another. Older devices don’t use the newer wireless standards and may be unable to take advantage of faster speeds. It’s always a good idea to check the wireless standard of your device if it’s a few years old.
Operating systems, saturated memories, temporary internet files and viruses can also slow your Internet speed.
5. Obstacles between your device and the routerFinally, distance and obstacles are also a factor to consider. Walls, floors and other solid objects that separate your device from the router can also slow down your Internet speed.
If your router’s coverage is too small and you think you need a Wi-Fi amplifier, check out our article on Wi-Fi amplifiers and mesh networks.
If you want to get a better router and are not sure where to start, check out our article on how to choose a Wi-Fi router for your home.
Tips and guides to save on your Internet plans
Best Internet Providers in Canada (2021)
Everyone knows how difficult finding a new internet plan can be. Reading countless offers feels exhausting, while comparing all the offers from different providers can be overwhelming. As a result, Canadians simply end up settling for a plan they don’t need. This is the last thing we want to happen to you. To avoid this, …
What is a Good Internet Speed?
Internet speed is a very important factor to consider when choosing a new internet plan. However, the amount of complex terms and lingo surrounding internet speed can make it a daunting topic to research. This article aims to lesser these concerns, determine what a good internet speed is for you, and introduce several components to …