Find your new Internet plan easily
Compare prices and find the cheapest Internet plans that meet your needs with our comparison tool.
Find Internet plans from dozens of suppliers across CanadaRead all the latest updates from your favorite provider
Pay the right price
Save money each monthPlanHub can help you save up to $15 a month on your Internet plan
Don't miss out on any promotionsMake more savings with all current promotions.
Choose with confidenceBrowse hundreds of customer reviews for each provider.
Find your new Internet plan today!
What people are saying about PlanHub
Planhub is effective and carries out the research for me.
This is a good service that saves us time and money.
All the information is accurate and it's easy to take a decision
very good service and free ... THANKS ....
Prices are accurate ! Thank you
Really effective to find the best cell phone plan
Learn more about Internet plans in Canada
With PlanHub, users looking for the best deals can get an email alert when an Internet plan that matches their needs becomes available at a lower price. The best offers are usually hidden within provider websites and often the result of combined promotions. This makes it hard for the average person to keep track and find deals. Leveraging its knowledge of past price trends, PlanHub has developed a state-of-the-art algorithm that tracks prices and identifies the best deals on Internet and cellular service plans in the Canadian market.
Read our blog article to learn more about the PlanHub Internet Alert.
- Verify that your modem and router are connected properly
- Switch off your TV set-top box if you have one
- Stop all downloads in progress on devices connected to Internet (computers, tablets, smartphones, game consoles and smart TVs)
- Verify that there are no active VoIP telephone connections at the moment
- Close all active background applications your devices
Here are a few factors that are in your control that can influence your Internet speed:
1. Your modem and routerNot all modems and routers are equal. It’s always good to check their technical specifications to make sure they’re not slowing down your network. For example, it’s possible that your modem can’t receive the speeds that you are paying for.
2. Connection typeThe type of connection you’re using directly affects your Internet speed. In most cases, a wired ethernet connection is faster than a wireless connection. But did you know that there are currently two main types of wireless frequencies? Since most users connect wirelessly to their network, understanding the difference between the 2.4 GHz frequency and the 5 GHz frequency is important.
The 2.4GHz frequency is slower than the 5 GHz, but has a longer range. On the other hand, the 5 GHz frequency is faster but has a shorter range and cannot pass through walls and other solid objects. Choosing the right frequency depending on your home and distance to the router can have a big impact on your Internet speed.
3. Number of devicesThe more devices connected to a network, the slower the Internet speed will be for each user. This includes computers, tablets, phones, game consoles, smart TVs and even some smart speakers.
4. Your deviceInternet speeds can vary from one device to another. Older devices don’t use the newer wireless standards and may be unable to take advantage of faster speeds. It’s always a good idea to check the wireless standard of your device if it’s a few years old.
Operating systems, saturated memories, temporary internet files and viruses can also slow your Internet speed.
5. Obstacles between your device and the routerFinally, distance and obstacles are also a factor to consider. Walls, floors and other solid objects that separate your device from the router can also slow down your Internet speed.
If your router’s coverage is too small and you think you need a Wi-Fi amplifier, check out our article on Wi-Fi amplifiers and mesh networks.
If you want to get a better router and are not sure where to start, check out our article on how to choose a Wi-Fi router for your home.
Tips and guides to save on your Internet plans
Best Internet Plans in Canada
If there’s one thing collectively, none of us can survive without, it’s the internet. One can’t but admit our dire need to rely on the internet, be it for professional or for personal use. And for that precise reason, we are here to help you discover the best internet plans in Canada. For better results, …
eSim For PC: Everything There is to Know
If you have a recently released PC laptop, you could be getting so much more out of it with eSim. If your device is equipped with eSim, you can connect to a mobile network when out of reach from WiFi. This is a great feature to have when travelling and/or working abroad. With eSim, users …