The best deals on Galaxy S20 in Canada
Looking for the best deals on Galaxy S20? You’ve come to the right place. Finding a good deal on a device you want is not easy. There’s multiple things to consider - upfront payment vs monthly installments, BYOD vs device financing, to 5G or not to 5G and which carrier and data amount to choose. And all this also depends upon which province you live in.
To make this choice easy for you, we have taken a detailed look, not just at the specs, reviews and pro and cons of the Galaxy S20 but also at all the deals currently on offer for Galaxy S20 in Canada to help you make the most informed decision.
|Screen Resolution:||3200 x 1440 (Quad HD +) at 563 ppi|
|Camera:||12 MP ultra wide angle rear camera, 12 MP wide angle rear camera, 64 MP telephoto rear camera and 10 MP front camera|
|RAM memory:||12 GB|
The Samsung Galaxy S 20, which is for many the Android phone of choice, comes in 3 variants, the S20, the S20 + and the S20 Ultra. It's a highly recommendable phone, although expensive. For cheaper options with the same specs, consider the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
March 7, 2020
- One of the best displays on the market: Samsung phones are known for having the best displays on any phones and the Galaxy S20 is no different. All S20 variants feature a bright, AMOLED screen that brings photos and content to life.
- 120Hz refresh rate: Last year, high refresh rate screens started making their way into mainstream phones with the OnePlus 7 Pro and the Google Pixel 4 both featuring 90 Hz displays. This year, the Samsung Galaxy S20 takes it one step further with a 120 Hz refresh rate making for a really smooth scrolling and gaming experience.
- Solid build quality: Much like iPhones, with Samsung Galaxy phones you have little to worry about in terms of build quality. The Samsung Galaxy S20 is a solidly built, beautiful device with a premium look and feel to match its premium price tag.
- 5G compatibility comes at a steep price: Samsung Galaxy S20 is the first mainstream smartphone to be fully 5G capable. However, this compatibility means that the Galaxy S20 also starts at $1119 at Samsung. That’s a big price to pay for a service which is not yet available in Canada outside of the major cities and outside of the Big 3’s own networks.
- Only 2 years of software updates guaranteed: Unlike iPhones, which are the best in the market in terms of software updates for older devices, or even Google and OnePlus, both of which guarantee software updates for at least 3 years, Samsung only guarantees software support for its older phones for 2 years. That means that 2 years after you pay over $1200 for a new Galaxy S20, it's going to become obsolete
- Samsung is notoriously slow with its software updates: Google, Motorola, One Plus - these are the android phone brands that receive really fast updates every time there is a new version of Android released with better features. Even LG does a relatively quick job of pushing updates to its users. Samsung on the other hand has been known to take as long as 9 months after an android version releases to push firmware and android updates to its phones - even flagships! So if you like to remain at the cutting edge of technology, this is perhaps something for you to keep in mind.
- Camera is not the best: The camera has a tendency to smoothen faces when taking photos of people and there is no way to turn this feature off. So depending on whether you like the smoothed out look or not, the camera may or may not work for you. It certainly does not seem to stand up to the standards of the Pixel or even the iPhone 11 Pro.
- No headphone jack: Starting with the Galaxy S10 Note, Samsung has followed the way of the other smartphone manufacturers out there and removed the headphone jack on its devices. They have followed that trend with the Galaxy S series devices this year by removing the headphone jack from their Galaxy S20 series.